• Coming Soon

• Lucy Wins!

Stephen Curry: The Best in the NBA

Yash Kumar, Contributor

Wardell Stephen Curry generally known as Stephen Curry on the basketball court, is one of the best basketball players in these times. Curry is a basketball player in the NBA on the Golden State Warriors. He is compared to Lebron James, Kevin Durant, and James Harden which are all of the best basketball players in 2018.

Stephen Curry was born on March 14, 1998 in Akron, Ohio. Soon they moved to Charlotte, North Carolina. Stephen Curry is the son of Dell Curry a very famous NBA player as well. His mom’s name was Sonya Curry. He had one younger brother whose name was Seth Curry, he also, plays in the NBA on the Dallas Mavericks. His younger sister, Sydel plays volleyball in college. Stephen used to go to all of his father’s practice sessions so that is what brought basketball too Stephen Curry. When he moved to Toronto when his dad switched teams, he went to Charlotte Christian High School and tried to play for the basketball team there. Nobody took him because he was very small and skinny. Later, when he went to college at Davidson College after being convinced by Coach Bob McKinley who had recognized his skill. When he joined the basketball team, his first game was against Eastern Michigan. He didn’t do all that well but in the next game, he lit up the scoreboard. He scored 32 points against Michigan again. As he continued to play, he became the best basketball player Davidson College ever had and was placed on the NCAA top scoring leaderboards. Nobody was able to stop him, and with his superior skill, he carried them to win the NCAA championship. He decided to leave Davidson College before his senior year to join the NBA. In the 2009 draft, he was picked 9th overall by the Golden State Warriors. He started out strong in the NBA too, but had gotten injured too many times and wasn’t popular for around 3 years, because of his injuries. Then in 2012 he was back fully strong. He had also gotten a new teammate that was also very good. Klay Thompson. As they played together they became the strongest of friends and lit the scoreboards up no matter what. He was finally able to in an all-star game and after his performances with Klay, he went to the games consecutively. In 20115, he and Klay carried the team to an NBA championship which was the first one the warriors had won since 1975. He had also married his college girlfriend Ayesha Alexander, in 2011. They have two daughters, Ryan Curry, and Riley Curry.  He led his team to the championships in 2016 and 2018. He was also the first ever NBA player to win the Most Valuable Player award by everyone’s vote. He has also set the record for the number of three-pointers in a season in 2015 and broke his own record in 2017. Stephen Curry is overall the best player in the NBA as of this moment.